Social Persistencing DJ-thons at a glance
Began: April 5th, 2020
Concluded: June 3rd, 2020
Number of DJ-thons: 18
Number of DJs who participated: 36
Hours of music: 108
Money raised: $10,448.71
Organizations fundraised for: 9
- Collegetown Bagels "Pay It Forward" meal program for vulnerable community members
- Food Bank of the Southern Tier
- United Way of Tompkins County
- Loaves & Fishes of Tompkins County
- Food Bank of Central New York
- Village at Ithaca's Emergency Fund
- Suicide Prevention & Crisis Service
- Elmira Economic Opportunity Program
- Foodnet Meals on Wheels
Potential real-world impact (*estimated): 31,346 meals.*based on data from the Food Bank of the Southern Tier (i.e. $1 buys 3 meals).
Note: not all of our fundraisers related to food security, but most did. Therefore, meals are a useful metric.
Number of DJ-thon viewers (*estimated): 3,000*based on Twitch channel viewer data.
Number of donations: 262
Single donations ranged from $5.00 to $300.00.